Sunday, 24 May 2015

Guest Designer: Kavitha (MMW#1 winner)

Hi there! 

I have a pleasure of welcoming the winner of our first challenge Kavitha as our Guest Designer! 


I am so pleased and excited that Kavitha agreed to join us here today! I would like to ask that you visit this lovely lady's blog, because there are many treasures waiting to be discovered! Such a talent! Kavitha agreed to make something for our current challenge 'Vintage' to inspire you even more and what a gorgeous make it is. This is gonna knock your socks off! See for yourself... 




Hello everyone,my name is Kavitha and I am from Chennai, India.
I am a computer science graduate, but took crafting as a profession right after my college. I did some short term courses n diploma in fine arts .
I used to do painting n murals,but after entered the blogging world three years back I got introduced to paper crafts and I am really hooked up since then.
My recent obsession in mixed media. I have stopped painting after I ventured into paper crafts n mixed media gave me opportunity to use it again.
I love the freedom it gives to my creativity n I just love using different mediums n creating different textures,the results are always magical n unexpected:).




For my project today, I created the background using several layers of Distress paints, stains, lots of stenciling n stamping etc. I used some vintage girl images as focal point and used lots of my favorite Prima and metal embellishments.This is the first time I tried vintage style in mixed media, I hope you liked my project, I thank Ingrid for this wonderful opportunity and I thoroughly enjoyed making this project. 

Thanks and regards,

Kavitha






Wow! How fantastic is this! So many gorgeous elements and the colour combination is in my opinion absolutely wonderful! It works so well! 

Thank you very much for joining us here today, Kavitha! It's been a pleasure dealing with you! Keep in touch ;) 

And for you, crafty mixed media enthusiasts, there is a running challenge which you can still enter so craft away and do link up! There is still plenty of time! 

Big hugs! 

Ingrid xxx

12 comments:

  1. It's lovely! Vintage style is special; this creation makes it even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Kavitha, I love your rich colour mix against your images, so pretty.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kavitha,
    What a delight to see an artist from India, it makes a pleasant change and opens the door for people like me to pay her a visit. This is a beautiful page, it has wonderful eclectic elements and media; which I just love.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vintage feel that it gives to your layout is so beautiful! Glad to know more about you Kavitha! Thanks for sharing. Cheers! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your kind comments and thanks to ingrid for this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful Kavitha!! Glad to hear you are able to bring your painting into your mixed media!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vintage is close to my heart and this LO is just so so beautiful Kavitha. Love your play with different elements and that burlap flower just caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL Kavitha. You do vintage VERY WELL! This is LOVELY. j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is absolutely gorgeous! The background textures and colors are wonderful. And, your layering and embellishments are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x