Sunday, 21 June 2015

Star Designer #4: Kasia Krzyminska

Dear All! 

Welcome to the Mixed Media World! If you decided to go ahead and read this post you've made a brilliant decision! We have a very special guest here today and judging by my excessive use of  exclamation marks I think it is quite clear that I am very excited about this too!:)  



I'd like to welcome Kasia Krzyminska to our arty crafty world where we share heaps of mixed media goodness and encourage you to join the fun. Hands up who doesn't know who Kasia is?!... no one?... Good! ...ok, maybe you newbie over there...so pay attention :) Kasia is one of the best out there. A very talented and a sweet soul who shares her love for anything mixed media and painty... she is a former design team member and an educator for Prima (which speak for itself, I think..), runs workshops, designs stencils, her art journaling is amazing and she now shares her wisdom and experience working for our lovely new sponsor the Artist Trading Post. I have been admiring Kasia's work for some time now and there is so much more you and I can learn so take notes ;) But enough from me, lets allow this talented lady do the talking via our special little interview and her art she made for our current challenge 'Masculine/Father's Day'...

*****


Hello everybody! My name is Kasia Krzyminska and I am a polish girl who moved to England following her heart. You can't pigeon hole me because of my explorative nature, but I'm enjoying my creative journey creating art journals and mixed-media collages, teaching classes all over the world, designing products and working at Artist Trading Post. I worked with Prima Marketing (as a design team member and later as an educator), Blue Fern Studios, Faber-Castell, 7 Dots Studio, The Scrapbook Diaries, Mixed Media Place and my works have been published many times in such magazines as Somerset Memories, Art Journaling, Somerset Life, Somerset Apprentice, Paper Haus, Die Scrapperin, Histoires De Pages. I’m searching for an inspiration everywhere and everyday – in music, nature, old books, bad weather, dreams … I love summer, meadows and beautiful notebooks. 


What inspires you most to create? / Where does your inspiration come from?


Nature and the place where I currently live.

What is your favourite medium to work with?


Acrylic paints.


Do you have a tool which you couldn't live without?



What's your craft space like?



Do you have a favourite colour combo?



I would like to share with you two of my recent art journal pages made in A5 Monograph booklet. I really enjoy creating art journal spreads everyday, so mostly they are messy and you won't find there many advanced techniques, but at the same time they are very personal and help me to express myself. 

Thank you Ingrid and whole team for this beautiful opportunity to share my works in this fabulous place. I'm very happy to see how your Mixed Media World is growing and that Artist Trading Post can be a part of it. I will definitely follow your challenges as the works you are all sharing are simply beautiful. 

Kasia

*****


How wonderful is she? Now, brace yourself! Like I said... Kasia made a couple of journal page spreads and they are totally AMAZING!! I just want to take it out of the journal and plaster my walls with her art! Check it out... 


Escape

Escape
Monotype

Monotype



Kasia also kindly listed all the goodies she used to create her masterpieces. The good news is you can easily purchase them from the Artist Trading Post shop and you can have a go yourself! I will for sure... my list is forever growing so nothing is going to stop me! :) Heheee... 

I'd like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Kasia for all her dedication and hard work. It has been an absolute pleasure and hope you keep in touch! ;) 

Thank you to all of you out there who read our posts and leave comments! You are amazing! 

Have a great day! 

Ingrid xxx 


6 comments:

  1. I know kasia! I had the pleasure of doing a workshop with her :-) In France
    I am happy to see her(it) here <3++++++++++++++

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous spreads. And how wonderful to answer those questions with images. Thanks for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaia these are amazing and so interesting to read al little more about you! Your work is gorgeous and resume just speaks for itself!! Hope we can see you here again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful interview and I am so happy to learn more of Kasia! I really enjoyed your photo answers- very clever!
    off to your blog for more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ingrid and whole team for having me. Thank you March, Seth, Georgie and Jackie for all of your sweet words. I'm very happy you like what I create because that's my passion :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work from Kasia - her artwork is stunning!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x