Hey there, party people!
It’s time for some fun so get a beverage of your choice and let’s get to it! ;)
I promised you a party, right? Well, this is not the wild party on a Friday or a Saturday night that you might know. This is a super-fun mixed media ATC swap party! Whooohoooo! Excited? Good!
I was once chatting to Riikka after seeing her gorgeous ATCs on Facebook when I simply asked ‘Fancy a swap?’ and she said ‘Yes’… That was easy, I thought! Hehee… And then it hit me… why don’t we do something that’s fun for everyone and that’s exactly what this is about. This swap party is all about connecting with like-minded people, making friends in the blog world and being creative to your heart’s desire!
To make it more fun, Riikka agreed to make 4 ATCs and I agreed to do the same and so we have 8 ATCs in total to give out as a little prize to 8 different participants at the very end of our swap party! I (Ingrid) will announce the winners on our blog here and on our MMW Facebook page.
Riikka created these little beauties…
Now you are excited, huh?! :) And here are the ones made by moi…
Any game has a few rules and points for guidance and ours are as follows:
- Your ATC must be 2 ½” x 3 ½” (6.4cm x 8.9cm).
- Your ATC can be portrait or landscape orientation.
- Theme: Anything Goes!
- The choice of techniques and media is up to you, but remember we are a Mixed Media focused blog.
- Mark the back of your ATC with your name and the date. You can also add your contact details, if you wish.
- Write a blog post with pics and a link to our MMW challenge blog post for the swap (button on the side bar). Do remember to mention in your post, if you are interested in swapping at all and also whether you are interested to swap only within your country or worldwide.
- Don’t make your ATC to chunky, if you are going to post internationally so it fits a simple envelope and won’t be too pricey to post! Or… go all the way, it’s up to you!
- Please don’t include anything else in the envelope, perhaps a note to the lucky recipient. This is to avoid any disappointment (one gets a happy mail, the other doesn’t kinda thing…). This is just a friendly advice though…
- 8 ATCs will be selected randomly to win 4 ATCs from Riikka & 4 ATCs from Ingrid. Only Mixed Media ATC will be entered into the draw!
- Make sure you follow this blog so you don't miss a thing!
- Have fun creating your Artist Trading Cards!!! :)
How will the ATC swap work:
- You will make an ATC (you can make one or more, depending on how many you wish to swap/enter).
- Write your post with all the details and links and hop over to our MMW blog.
- There is a Linky button on the bottom of the MMW blog post that will be active until 26th October 2015! You have a whole month to enter! Yay!
- Enter your name + a word ‘swap’, if you are interested in swapping with someone, under your image when linking up. Don’t forget to mention your intentions in your post too!
- Once you see an ATC in the Linky Gallery that you like, simply visit the creator’s blog by clicking on the entry, leave them a comment that you are interested in swapping with them. If it is mutual, you can then exchange PRIVATE emails via their blogger profile or their contact form. Don’t forget to join their blogs so that you can stay in touch!
- Please note, our talented MMW Design Team may enter their own ATC via the Linky so make sure to keep an eye on their blogs too! Wouldn’t it be awesome to receive an ATC from one of the girls?! This swap party is opened to anyone who wants to swap mixed media ATCs and make friends in the blog world!
- Once you have received your swapped ATC make sure to let the other person know (and thank them…).
- Feel free to blog about the received ATC and share it on your social sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. or your blog or whatever gallery you like to use. If you could add the link to MMW again that would be great so people know where the idea came from and can join the fun too!
Our current challenge 'Anything Goes with Autumn Colours' will still be running too! Join HERE!
We can’t wait to see your Artist Trading Cards entered below and are looking forward to making friends with mixed media artists all over the world! Let’s play! :)
Big warm hugs,
Ingrid xxx & Riikka xxx