Sunday, 17 January 2016

Welcome to Maria from Magic Attic!

Dear crafty Friends,

I'm here with a wonderful task which is to introduce our new Design Team Member!

I received emails from so many talented artists and crafters out there. I'd like to thank to those who applied for the position. It was a real honour to have met you. It is probably no surprise when I say it was the most difficult job ever! Not only that I am terribly indecisive, but to pick just one or two out of all of the wonderfully talented people was nearly impossible. The emails started arriving and I was thinking more and more... 'oh, oh.. what have I done! I want to invite all of these ladies!!!''

But I look at our team and I saw something really special. You know what it was? I saw a VARIETY. I saw... UNIQUENESS... I saw.. AMBITION... and saw real LOVE for mixed media art. Then I decided to ask myself what was missing... I decided to set the feelings aside and realised that we were missing someone who would not only be a fabulous artist, but we were missing someone with a passion for scrapbooking. That's right! Scrapbooking has a huge space in the mixed media world out there so when this lovely lady contacted me it hit me! Not only that she is a scrapbooker, but she is a heck of a mixed media artist! I fell in love with her style, her sense of colour and textures, but she really seem like a sweet lady. And as you'll see from the image below she also is very beautiful!

Please, welcome our new Design Team member...


My name is Maria Lillepruun, I am 32 and I live in Tallinn, Estonia. I am a wife and a loving mom of a boy and a girl. I've been involved in mixed media art and scrapbooking for 2 years and I actually do it every day, it's my biggest passion. In real life I'm a conservator, I restore paintings and polychrome objects, so I know all about patina and rust :) I always create in Mixed Media, and my favourite styles are vintage and grunge, but I also love natural materials and childish colour blasts, so you can expect just anything from me. Most of all I love layouts and altered art. I also like to make notebooks.
My website is called Magic Attic Design and it is here: http://www.magicatticdesign.com/

*****

I hope you are as excited as I am about Maria joining our team. Please fee free to say hi to Maria and give her a nice warm welcome. Please visit Maria's blog and take a peek at her gorgeous work. She is fabulously talented and you will find heaps of inspiration there. To speak of inspiration, here are a few piece Maria created.... 









So there you have it! How amazing are all of these creations?! 

Thank you or agreeing to join us, Maria! I can't wait to see what you'll create for our challenges! 

Dear friends, we will be back with a new challenge in February, but guess what?! You'll hear from me before then, because... I have ONE MORE NEW DT MEMBER to introduce! EEEEK! I know, exciting, right? I'll be back soon! 

Big hugs to you all! 

Ingrid xxx 

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's great!!! She is a very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Maria your work is fabulous, welcome to our team.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic addition to your team! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies for a warm welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Maria. You sound like a PERFECT FIT. And Wow - such beautiful creations you make too. What a super way to start my week - seeing all these yummy projects from you. j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant new member of the DT, her work is inspirational and am looking forward to the new challenges. Excellent choice! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Maria! What a great addition you will be. Your work is flawless! WOW GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria's work is stunning! Welcome to this amazing artist! I can't wait to see what you will create at Mixed Media World!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What amazing art. I am just getting into the mixed media art and am going to create a journal so will be looking for lots of inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcme Maria. You art is stunning. Happy to be in same DT team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing work by Maria!!! welcome to the team here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x