Sunday, 27 March 2016

Guest Designer: Jane Royston

Hello and Happy Easter! 

I hope you're having heaps of fun this Easter. The weather is awful where I live so the Easter Bunny left all of the chocolate in the house this time! :) We were also creative today.. we painted some eggs, made bunny ears and did some Easter themed colouring. I think the most enjoyable part for the two and four year old was the Easter hunt and of course eating heaps of chocolate! :) 

I have a special post for you today! Our December challenge winner is here with us today and oh my! She has absolutely ROCKED our current 'Vintage' challenge! I'd like to introduce... 



Hi my name is Jane Royston and I live on the Isle of Wight in the UK. I am married with 3 children (aged 4, 10 and 14) and am qualified as a primary teacher but left about 5 years ago to stay at home with my youngest child. I have always loved crafting but got really into my card making, in particular stamping about 8 years ago. Then about a year ago I discovered mixed media and altered art!!! I love getting inky and painty and creating texture and layers so this type of craft is great for me.

*****

Jane is amazingly talented. Her winning make was absolutely wonderful and what I'm about to show you is breathtakingly beautiful! Jane's attention to detail is brilliant. The colour scheme, the textures and the overall idea... you get it all within this gorgeous make. Feast your eyes upon it... 





This project is made using an IndigoBlu paper mâché mannequin that I had already bought and decorated a few years ago. I decided that I didn't like my original design and so repurposed it in a vintage style. There is a mixture of materials and the fabric has been made solid for working on by using Finnabair's new sculpture medium. I have added pearls, lace and roses to keep with the vintage feel and wanted it to look old so used sepia type colours. The flowers are a mixture of paper and crochet lace that have been coloured with spray inks and gilding wax (apart from the largest rose which has been put together using a stamp and die set) and the extra details are pearls, glitter and micro beads, with a few touched of curled wire. You can read more about it with some photos of the process on my blog Isle of Crafty Creations

*****

Thank you, Jane, for sharing your talent here with us! 

Thank you, Crafty Friends, for stopping by today! Please feel free to leave Jane a comment and visit her blog for more inspiration! And you still have some time to enter our challenge so do join the fun and link up HERE

Hugs, 

Ingrid xxx 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work Jane, great textures and details. Thanks for sharing your work here x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. Thank you for sharing you work here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x