Sunday, 17 April 2016

Guest Designer: Nikki Acton


Hi there!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend?

I have an exciting post for you today! We have our old teamie Nikki Acton with us here today. She is also one of our special winners and I'm so glad she has agreed to join us for a moment. Nikki has created a fab card for our current challenge 'Get in Gear' and what a beauty it is!


Hi everyone - I am Nikki from Addicted to Art. Many thanks to Ingrid and the Mixed Media World team for welcoming me as a Guest Designer today.
I live in Hampshire in the UK with my cat Frankie. I am currently between jobs having had a long career in sales and marketing and more recently with my local Hospice. I am giving myself a couple of months off having had a difficult few years with family illnesses. That is my excuse anyway!

I have been crafting and blogging for just over two years now. My style is eclectic, from simple cards to grungy mixed media projects. I am a big Tim Holtz fan but also love bright, bold abstract art and lots of styles in between.





When I saw the current challenge theme I was initially stumped! Normally this would be right up my street but I seem to be having a bright phase more than my more natural grungy style which seemed the obvious interpretation for this theme. But I decided to combine the two

- reach for my bright distress crayons and make my friend Dan a birthday card. 




An embossed card was coloured with the crayons before I took some corrugated card to create a frame. I dry brushed with gesso before spritzing with tarnished brass. 



There are a few more details over on my blog today, it would be lovely to see you.

Nikki Acton

A2A Cards & Craft
Addicted to Art
Stampin’ Up Demonstrator


I love Nikki's card! The contrast between the craft card and the gorgeous colour is amazing! Fantastic idea and perfect for our challenge! Please leave Nikki some love here below and don't forget to als visit her blog. It certainly is packed with more inspiration!

I hope you're feeling ever more inspired! Get your thinking hat on and your gears together ;) You can link your project HERE.

All the best! have a great week!

Ingrid xxx

3 comments:

  1. A fabulous card from Nikki, great interpretation of the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo WONDERFUL Nikki. I just love anything with corrugated board and your project is no exception. Love your colors and the cogs - perfect boy card!! FABULOUS creativity. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card from Nikki - great colours!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x