Sunday, 11 September 2016

GD: Irina Rakovets

Hi everyone! 

Ingrid here today, introducing our second Guest Designer, Irina Rakovets. You can check my first post about how Irina got to join us today HERE. I am so glad she participated and agreed to share her amazing art with us. Irina is a very talented lady and her passion for mixed media shines through every one of her creations. Here's a little bit about her and from her... 



*****
I am a happy mother of two adult children and a grandmother to two mischievous grandsons. I live near St. Petersburg, Russia.

I have been scrapbooking for about four years and I share my work via blog - Скрап-ХоббиМания, where I’m known by the nickname of IrinaR \ Irina Rakovets. Same as my Facebook page.

My Instagram - ВКонтакте



I cannot say that I stick to one style – I very much like Vintage, Shabby and Steampunk and I love paint so often my work cannot do without the mixed media. Here is a collage that fully reflects what I love to do. 

I created a canvas for the MMW August challenge- the Sea. I did an imitation of old boards using binding cardboard and acrylic paints. Imitation porthole - chipboard circles, cardboard, texture paste through a stencil, acrylic paint. I added stones and pieces of glass polished by the sea waves, seashells, secured with a texture paste with glass beads, coloured granules. The Octopus (my grandson’s old toy), was primed and painted with acrylic paints. It blends nicely into in this panel, in my opinion.





More can be viewed on my blog Скрап-ХоббиМания. 

*****

Thank you to Irina for joining us today! I hope you enjoyed our post today. We'll be back soon with more creative goodness so stay tuned! 

If you have somehow missed it... I've organised a £50 worth of giveway here on our blog and via our Facebook. You can find the link HERE! Only few hours to go!


Thank you for stopping by. Take care and stay creative! 

Hugs 

Ingrid xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x