Monday, 7 November 2016

Guest Designer: Bryan Evans

Hi there!

What a fab start to the new month of November! I'd like to welcome another talented artist to our blog...


I have been crafting now for about 8 years, I am still trying to find my 'style'. Mixed Media I find fascinating as there is no wrong or right way. I get great joy from experimenting with paints, inks, stamps and using different mark making tools. Taking part in challenges on various blogs is very inspirational, everyone I have come across have been very helpful and willing to share their knowledge. 
*****

My project came about from a bucket of rusty metal that we have either found on the land, or has been dug up by our pig Fatty. I had an idea that I wanted to create an alternative picture frame as I had this smashing picture of Fatty. 


The substrate for this was an old piece of wood, I think it was originally part of a window frame. I altered the picture of Fatty by adding some Deco Art Media Crackle Glaze with a painting knife. This created different sizes of cracks. I rubbed over some Burnt Umber acrylic paint to try and highlight the cracks.


I collected several pieces from my 'found' bucket and spent a couple of weeks to arrange them into place. The bent nails are really handy as we will be able to 'hang' things from them. The feather came from one of our cockerels!!




This 'picture' is now hanging pride of place in our hallway!!

*****

Wow! What an original project! Absolutely love the fact you used authentic pieces in your project. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us, Bryan. We hope to see you around! 

There's plenty of time to create something amazing for our challenge and join HERE. You have time until 10th November. Good luck! 

Thank you for stopping by today. See you soon! 

Ingrid xxx 

13 comments:

  1. fabulous project, and congrats on the GDT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, and to you as well !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bryan - this is just PERFECT. Looks like something we would find here at the ranch too!!! Heheheh - Fatty is just ADORABLE!! And your frame is truly just exactly INCREDIBLE for her portrait. So loved seeing your project. Thanks bunches. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece Bryan. Love the rustic and rusty feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Seth, Pleased how it turned out.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic project! Feel inspired, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great piece Brian- loved how you honored Fatty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, Hope you enjoyed your coffee!!!

      Delete
  7. pardon me for mis spelling your name Bryan! not enough coffee yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x