Sunday, 12 February 2017

MMW#22: Anything Mixed Media Goes!

Hello and welcome! 

We have a new challenge of the year for you here today and I' pretty sure you will find something to inspire you. Before I proceed to show you what we all created, I have the pleasure of announcing the winner and our FAB 3 of our Winter Wonderland challenge... 

The winner who is now entitled to a voucher purchased by myself either from That's Crafty or a shop of your choice is... 


Your artwork is amazing! Please contact me to confirm if you wish to guest design for us next month and to claim your voucher - ingridscraftscorner (@) hotmail. co. uk (please adjust the email address, thanks)

...and our wonderful 3 runner ups are.... 




I also want to say that I personally would have picked plenty more. I noticed that a certain person also entered, but that was when she wasn't on our team yet :) I would have picked her creation for sure and so here's Ola's gorgeous make as well: 


Congratulations all! Please feel free to download your badge from the side bar and proudly display it on your blog! Thank you to all of you for sharing your creations with us. I hope you can join us again this month. 

This month is nice and simple... you can create any mixed media project you fancy! Here's some inspiration for you... 

Georgie
For the anything goes challenge, I decided to do an art journal page on canvas board. I chose to go for a more intuitive style than anything with purpose and structure. It is actually quite freeing and really recommend it, especially if you have never tried it before! It really is like letting your emotions out in paint - haha!!
I used lots of Finnabar's Art Alchemy Paints and Gesso, also, of course, one of her beautiful Vintage Mechanical Hearts! 





Ingrid
I decided to create an ATC set. I didn't have any specific plan, but I knew I fancied playing with watercolours, stamps and paste. I was very relaxing indeed! 





Lena
I got this face idea when i heard about online magazine "Mixed Up magazine". January theme was all about faces. And i love old books.





This time I created a thick gothic spellbook. I´ve aged the paper sheets and binded them myself. I´ve made the cover of cardstock and textile, adding texture through stencil and colouring it all with ink sprays, waxes and alcohol inks. Gothic-style wooden chipboard, metal chains and embellishments, microbeads add the final touches. And voila - a book any witch would die for is ready! :)





Virag
I made this mixed media layout for our February challenge. I really love brown and turquoise color combination with a little vintage touch thanks to the papers that I choose. I tried to highlight the photo with the flower stamps and I tried to broke the oldish style with them. The base of the page is crackling paste and the bronze colour was made with mica powder that gives shiny and bright effect.




Well, what do you think? I think these are absolutely fabulous! This month is Lena's last month with us and she will be very missed! I love her amazing altered books! Thank you for all your hard work last year, Lena, you're a star! xxx 

The sponsor of this challenge is That's Crafty! and you could win £20 voucher to their online shop. 
THAT'S CRAFTY!


Thank you all for stopping by! I hope to see your linked up creations below! 

Big crafty hugs, 

Ingrid & the Design Team xxx 




5 comments:

  1. Super projects from everyone x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible inspiration from the Design Team! I am so humbled and honored to be joining such a talented group of artists. You all shine SO BRIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back lovely challenge! Awesome projects from the DT - you are all superstars and every piece above is a work of art! Thank you for the challenge, the inspirations and for the great projects xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic inspirational projects D.T.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... many thanks again for choosing my work !!, I feel so honored ... my congratulations to the winners and also the DT for this beautiful inspiration for the new challenge !!
    A hug!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x